By Leigh Ferreira
My favorite night of the year is Fashion's Night Out (FNO)!
FNO is the official kick-off to New York Fashion Week. But unlike Fashion Week, FNO is for everyone and encourages consumers to hit the stores, meet designers and have a fun night out. The event was originally started by Anna Wintour of Vogue during the recession of 2009 to encourage people to get out and shop in New York City. Now on its fourth year, FNO is happening all over the world.
There were 800+ events that happened in NYC and it is logistically challenging to go uptown, downtown and from the eastside to the westside, but in typical New York fashion we tried to do it all.
Here are the spots I hit:
- Opening Ceremony market @ Ace Hotel
- Marc Jacobs
- C Wonder/Daily Candy party
- Stella McCartney
- Soho Grand Yard Sale w/ 22 Designers [this was the best event!]
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Woolite Designer Pop-up
- Prada, Chairlift was performing
- I tried to go to Rag & Bone where St. Vincent was performing, but the line was 200 people deep
- The Shops @ Target, a great preview of the upcoming capsule collections (Kirna Zabete, The Curiosity Shop, Odin New York and Patch NYC)
- Washington St Block Party (Scoop and Intermix)
- Urbanspace Meatpacking
- Ford Designer Pop-up in Gansevoort Plaza
- Denim Habit party, thanks Thorin & Billy!
As you can see from the photo above at DVF, the MPD was CRAZY crowded!
Vogue.com put together a great highlights video:
The Fashion's Night Out team did a fantastic job listing out the events and details on their site and app, tweeted highlights of events leading up to FNO and encouraged people to take photos and tag them on Instagram to show FNO happening live the world over. It was fun to see the sightings, giveaways and event details filling up my twitter timeline throughout the night too.
FNO 2013 can't come soon enough!