Summer days are in full swing and I've been carrying my Coach Mini Borough in Edgepaint Leather ($378 at Coach.com) pretty much non-stop for a month now. Truth be told, I was very nervous to carry a white bag but I really loved the clean look of one. I have had the Coach Classic Leather Shoulder purse in a cream color for 3 years and it looked pretty clean, despite my constant wear all summer. Coach leather is one of the most durable to me since they are also pretreated so I figured why not take a leap with a white Mini Borough? I'm so glad I did because this bag has exceeded all my expectations. Not only is it comfortable to wear on the shoulder or crossbody, I love the classic look and style it brings to both casual and dressed up outfits. The white looks so fresh with the navy trim and leather zipper pulls paired with the gold hardware. I find myself carrying it by the handles too whether by hand or the crook of my arm. This bag just makes me melt. If you are looking for the perfect summer mini bag, the Coach Mini Borough will take you happily through summer!
A week and a half ago, I spent a wonderful lunch and afternoon shopping with Savvy in San Francisco at the Marin Country Mart and that's where I spilled my contents on the warm grass for the picture above. I went very minimalist this day since I was kid-free carrying only these must-have items in my Mini Borough.
- Chanel Card Case Wallet
- Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Rose Petale
- My favorite Clarins Lip Balm Crayons (post here)
- Louis Vuitton Damier Azur 4 key case (my house FOB and key)
- Car Key
(Not pictured my iPhone and sunglasses)
Mini bags are the rage now but this mini doesn't skimp on space or organizational compartments. In fact, I can usually carry a lot if I really need to.
The bag is divided into 3 zippered compartments:
1) The first zippered compartment in the front of the bag is the largest. It has the longest zipper mouth opening too. If need be, I can fit my long wallet (7.75") or even an iPad mini! No joke. (My iPad mini has the standard Apple magnetic covers.) I usually place my smaller items in here such as my mints, car keys, etc. There is a small built in leather card holder that has 2 pockets so can carry your license and credit cards. I took a photo with my cards inside so you can see what it looks like. I usually like to place my receipts in here while shopping. One cute little detail is that the classic Coach leather tag hangs inside in this compartment from a gold D ring. It's such a beautiful touch!
2) The middle zippered compartment is small (as is the length of the zipper) and I use this as my makeup bag section to hold my beauty essentials.
3) The last zippered compartment is where I carry my important things. It has a long pocket and a cellphone pocket. I usually put my LV key holder in the long pocket and my iPhone 5S fits perfectly in the cellphone pocket. My small wallet also fits great in this section.
It's definitely not annoying to have 3 zippers and compartments. Since I know where everything is, I always open up the right compartment I need and never have to dig around my bag to find things. I also love that if I need to pack this bag up with my long wallet or iPad, I can! It's rare for a mini bag to have room to carry so much.
I avoid wearing it with really dark denim and new denim. But I do wear it with my denim jackets and recently noticed there was a tiny bit of denim color transferred on the handles. Nervously I used my trusty Kiwi leather cleaner and the denim color literally wiped right off in one stroke! Coach also sells their own leather cleaner and I also hear that magic eraser does wonders too. The zippers are smooth for me and I haven't had any problems with the hardware. In fact, overall this bag gets an A+ in quality. I can't say the same for a lot of designer bags that cost closer to the $2,000 range. Again, another reason to love the Mini Borough so much more!
Coach Mini Borough in Edgepaint Leather White/Navy with gold hardware ($378 at Coach.com)
Also comes in Warm Grey/Blue Oxford with silver hardware
Related Coquette Links:
Coach Mini Borough bag was provided by Coach for this review.