New from Shiseido are the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask (3 packets for $17.50, 12 packets for $63 at Sephora). Each packet contains 2 small masks that fits perfectly on your skin under your eyes. These eye masks are concentrated with pure retinol micro-infusion technology that immediately penetrates the skin to smooth away wrinkles, brighten eye area, and combat dark circles. It definitely gave my eyes a much needed wake up call. After just one use, I found that my eyes looked more alive and the skin was more plump so that the fine lines I had were very minimal. My skin can be quite sensitive sometimes and didn't have any problems at all with these eye masks.
To use: Make sure your face is clean and place them under your eye area. Either side of the cotton mask can be used. Just leave it on for 15 minutes and peel them off. I like to gently pat afterwards with my 3rd and 4th fingers to massage the rest of the emulsion into my skin.
Here are some of the key ingredients:
- Mukurossi Extract - An Asian plant extract that effectively counteracts the wrinkle triggering action of Heparanase.
- Chlorella Extract - A single-cell freshwater algae that is rich in proteins, chlorophyll and other vitamins. Helps suppress the formation of wrinkle-inducing blood vessels
- Gambir Extract - Derived from a shrub grown in India and Southeast Asia, protects dermal tissue and effectively suppresses the activity of Elastase, which destroys elastin, a key component of skin's firmness.
- Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid N - Delivers intense moisturizing benefits.
- Hydroxyproline - Promotes the generation of collagen while increasing firmness and elasticity for smooth, younger-looking skin.
I am now planning to use this once a week as part of my facial mask regimen. (I do some sort of mask for my face around every other day or so.) These are also perfect to use right before a big event to get your eyes looking gorgeous!
Product was provided by Shiseido for review.