The Clarins' Extra-Firming skincare line is one of my favorites that is dear to my heart. It's actually the one I recommend the most to friends who are interested in good anti-aging skincare. I'm so excited to report that there is a new updated formula powered by Kangaroo Flower extract. This flower has an amazing regeneration ability and is in both the Clarins Extra-Firming Day ($87) and Clarins Extra-Firming Night Cream ($93). The creams both help to visibly firm and lift, as well as smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It also contains Clarins' anti-pollution complex which is a must have for me as a city dweller.
One of the reasons I love Clarins so much is that most of their skincare is plant-powered. In addition to the Kangaroo Flower extract the Extra-Firming creams contain these powerful extracts:
- (New) Organic Mitracarpus: enhances firmness and elasticity
- Organic Leaf of Life: boots the skin's natural hydration
- Shea Oil & Organic Shea Butter: nourish skin to offer maximum comfort
- (New) Organic Desert Date: Targets dark spots to even skin tone
- Organic Oat Polyoses: forms a tightening film at the skin's surface to provide immediate "lifting" effect (day cream only)
- Acerola Seed: enhances radiance (day cream only)
- (New) Hydrated Silica of Moonstone: promotes youthful-looking skin (night cream only)
- Anti-Pollution Complex: enriched with pure plant extracts such as African Ebony, Furcellaria, Alpine Sanicle and Lampsana to protect skin from indoor and outdoor pollution
I love the consistency of the creams. The Extra-Firming Day cream (pictured left) is light and goes on really smooth. Similarly, the Extra-Firming Night cream is a bit thicker than the day cream but isn't thick or heavy like a lot of other creams I know (La Mer). I love how it goes on soft to my skin and I feel like it's helping me have a protective hydrating barrier that is working while I sleep.
There are also different versions of the creams depending on skin type and SPF. For sun protection, get the Extra-Firming Day with SPF 15 and for dry skin get the Extra-Firming Day for Dry Skin and Extra-Firming Night for Dry Skin.
Now, on to the fun new line of Clarins SOS Primers:
Clarins just introduced a new line of SOS Primers. There are six colors that can work with the same principle as a color wheel where opposite shades cancel each other out. Depending on how your skin looks, you can find the right primer to give your skin a boost! Each primer is $39 and you can use it all over your face as a makeup base, a targeted corrector (for under the eye or specific problem areas) and use different primers at once on different parts of your face for multiple concerns.
I have it in three colors:
SOS Primer in 00 Universal Light to help with lack of radiance. I love using this as a makeup base because it gives my face a really beautiful, energetic and natural glow. There's a pearly texture to the primer that I love.
SOS Primer in 01 Rose helps to minimize signs of fatigue.
SOS Primer in 02 Peach blurs imperfections and is a great primer to use under the eyes.
Pictured above in the swatch is 01 Rose, 02 Peach and 00 Universal Light.
Shop the Clarins Extra-Firming Day and Night Creams and the Clarins SOS Primers at clarinsusa.com.