(Photo: Denimology - Jennifer Aniston wears Levi's 501 jeans while filming The Bounty Hunter)
On Monday, the original classic blue jeans – Levi's 501 celebrates their 140th anniversary. If you're in the Bay Area, come to Macy's in Union Square to hear Levi's historian Lynn Downey share the evolution of the blue jean with special Levi's® archives:
- The XX, one of the world's oldest pairs of jeans (1879)
- Levi's Calico mine jeans (c1890s) - discovered in the abandoned Calico Silver Mine
- Levi's jeans from the 1930s, 1950s, 1960s
- Levi's jeans signed by The Rolling Stones
- Historic advertising ranging from a 19th century sales flyer to 1930s/40s American West point-of-sale pieces
There will even be a special 501 themed birthday cake!
Mention you heard about this event from Coquette to receive a special Macy's $10 gift card.
Monday, May 20, 2013, 6PM
Macy's Union Square, Third Floor
170 O'Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102